Q: What attribution model is Chord using?
A: As of Q4 2021, our attribution model is based on first touch. This gives 100% of the credit to the first touchpoint where a customer interacts with your brand.
Q: How is attribution determined in Chord's data models?
A: Our current Attribution Rules:
- SEM: Campaign source contains a search engine domain name and campaign medium equals ‘cpc’ or ‘cpm’
- Paid Social: Campaign source equals a social domain and campaign medium equals ‘cpm’
- SEO: Campaign source is empty and referrer contains a search engine domain name.
- Affiliate: Campaign source equals pre-defined affiliate campaign names.
- Organic Social: Campaign source is empty and referrer contains a social domain.
- Employee: Referrer contains ‘staging.’ or unique_id contains (‘%chord.co’)
- Influencer: Campaign medium equals ‘influencer’
- Ambassador: Campaign source equals ‘ambassador’
- Referral: Search contains ‘?ref=’
- Organic: Referrer is empty: All other visitors that don’t fit into the above-described categories. So with these definition, direct traffic currently falls in Organic.
Updated 17 Apr 2023
Did this page help you?