Editing a Product in Contentful
Editing a product requires a good understanding of contentful models and best practices. The step-by-step will help you edit a product in your workspace.
Log in to Contentful and select your Space.
The space selector allows you to switch between your different projects' spaces. The main elements are:
- Organization name: the organization name to which these spaces belong is located at the top.
- Space list: a list of all spaces you’re a member of. Select a space to see its contents. You can also switch between environments. More than likely, you will have a Staging and a Production environment.
The Content page lists all your content entries in that space. This is where you can publish, duplicate, edit, delete, or archive your entries in bulk.
- Add entry button: Adds an entry of a specific content type.
- Search and filter field: quickly search for entries by name or filter to specific content types to narrow in on what you see in the list.
- Save as view button: Save a view that displays a list of entries you searched for. By saving the current view, you can reuse it later.
- Content list: all content is listed here depending on what you filter or search for.
- Bulk actions allow you to perform an action to multiple entries simultaneously. The actions displayed depend on the status of the selected entries.
- Select visible columns button: customize the columns in the content list to show only what you need.
- Scheduled content link: View a list of content that is scheduled to be published.
- Saved views list: Allows you to jump to a content list you previously saved quickly. For example, you can view all entries by type of content, status, and any of the pages you usually work with.
In this example, let’s assume we want to update some entries for Product 1.
Select Content Type = Product and search for Product 1
Take a look at the main elements of the Content Editor page:
- Title bar: displays the current entry's title and its content type (above the title). In our case, Product/Product 1
- Main content area: edit the contents of that product
- Actions button: Where you perform an action for an entry (Publish, Scheduled, Archive, and such...)
- Status: see the status of an entry. Currently, in our case, the Status is Published.
- Tasks: assign tasks for someone to complete.
- Preview: preview an entry on a live or preview site.
- Links: See a list of other entries where this entry is used.
- Translation: enable languages for an entry, and then add content for that language - useful if you have international Stores
- Versions: select a version, compare it with the current version, and revert any necessary changes.
Let’s make a change to the Product Description
Scroll down to Long Description, update that field, and click Publish.
Let’s make a change to the price.
To change the price of a given product, you’d have to navigate to the variant card - If you want to change all of your Variants, you’d need to repeat the change for them all.
Remember to republish your products when you make a change to a Variant.
Your changes will appear on your site within minutes!