Gift Subscription Setup
Chord allows your customers to purchase a prepaid gift subscription to a person of their choice.
Please refer to these documents for guidance on setting this up for your business.
Your bundle or single items available for purchase as a prepaid gift subscription cannot be customized by your customers and must be preliminary defined in your CMS.
We do recommend that you create a Gift page where your gift assortments.
- Navigate to Content Model and scroll down to Subscription.
- Click Add field, select Boolean, and type in Prepaid Subscription.
- Click Create and configure and in the Default value tab, select the No radio button and click Confirm.
- Click Add field again, and after selecting Number, type in Max Installment and click Create and configure.
- In the Appearance tab under Help, type in the following text: The item is subscribable via gift subscription; what are the maximum amount of installments allowed to be purchased? It defaults to 12 and is not synced to the OMS.
This note is optional. The text will display in your gift subscription content card that we will create below.
6. Click Confirm
Still in Content Model, select Subscription Intervals, and verify that these content types below exist.
Click on Content and click Add Entry.
In the content type list dropdown select Subscription.
Below is an example of what you could do
Your new Entry displays under the Subscription content type
Add Gift Subscription content card to the Products you'd like to create as a gift prepaid subscription
⚠️ Please read below!
If you select an existing product that is part of a current promotion, such as Subscribe and Save, you must replace that content card with Gift Subscription.
Duplicate the Product entry in Contentful, replace the Subscribe and Save with the Gift Subscription card, and add it to the Gift Collection page.
⚠️ Make sure to publish everything associated with the product you duplicated.